A minor car service doesn’t cost much money, but it is a necessary part of maintaining your vehicle and keeping everyone safe. Regular services are also a good way to pick up any problems early, before they end up costing you a lot of money to fix at your auto service centre.
Some people think that they can skip the minor car services and just have the major ones, but that doesn’t work, because by the time your major service is due, your car is already in trouble (because your skipped the minor services).
You really do need to book your car into your local auto service centre for regular services and to show the importance of them, let’s take a look at what one of these minor services involves.
- Your engine oil is drained and replaced with new, clean oil so that your car runs more efficiently.
- The oil filter is also replaced, so that your engine runs more smoothly.
- All of the fluids are flushed and changed â these include the clutch, transmission, power steering, brake and coolant fluids.
- Your battery is tested to make sure that it holds its charge and is unlikely to need replacing before your next service.
- Your car is given a full safety inspection, to pick up anything that needs replacing or fixing, either now or in the near future.
- A drive test is performed, to make sure that nothing has been missed that could endanger you, your family or anyone else on the road.
- All of the remaining filters (air, fuel and pollen) are inspected to make sure that they don’t need to be replaced.
- The gear box oil, transfer case and diff oil are checked as well.
- Your wiper blades are inspected to make sure that they don’t need to be replaced.
As you can see, a minor car service covers a lot of territory and helps to make sure that your car is always safe. It also helps to prevent unexpected problems occurring out of the blue, which might cost you a lot of money if they were simply ignored and left too long before being repaired.
So make sure to book your car into your local auto service centre for regular services and avoid costly repair jobs in the future.