Many car owners don’t know when they need a mechanic or when they need an auto electrical repair shop. There is nothing wrong with this, it just makes it easier to know the difference when something goes wrong with your car or you need some extra work performed.
Of course, some auto mechanical services can do both auto electrician repairs, as well as the regular mechanics servicing and repairs, but there are distinct differences between the two types of jobs. With more and more technology on vehicles however, the lines between a mechanic and and auto electrician become blurred – what once was a general mechanic now relies on voltage, amps, ohms law etc. to carry out even basic tasks on vehicles.
So if you are concerned as to whether you need a mechanic or a specialist auto electrician, let’s take a look at a few of the things we do at Steve Sorensen Mechanical that you may not of expected.
As a modern technologically savvy mechanical workshop we can:
- Perform electronic vehicle diagnostics, using multimeters, oscilloscopes and both OBD and dealer specific software scantools, to locate the source of your electrical problem, be it all the way from a check engine light to a failed window motor.
- Perform diagnostics to locate problems in a whole range of modules such as ABS, SRS airbag systems and electronic steering.
- Diagnose and replace faulty alternators, starter motors and batteries.
- Perform testing and repairs on electronic fuel injection and ignition systems.
- Diagnose and repair fuel system components such as electronic fuel pumps.
- There are too many items on the car to list, but armed with the knowlege of electrical circuits, we can apply our skills to a whole range of electrical problems on a car.
When is it better to see an auto electrician? As a mechanical workshop, although within our capabilities, it can be a better option to visit a specialist auto electrician for many installations and custom jobs such as:
- Install and fix accessories such as radios, CB radios, lights and anti-theft systems.
- Installing new sound systems, as well as rear vision cameras and sensors.
There are many more issues that an auto electrical mechanic can locate and fix in your vehicle, all you need to do is to ask your local repair shop whether or not they can do both mechanical work and electronic repairs and installations. It can be a real inconvenience when your repair shop can’t offer both services, because that means you need to take your vehicle to two different workshops. We pride ourselves on being up to date on the latest technologies at Steve Sorensen Mechanical to be able to cater to a wider range of your automotive needs
However, if your mechanic doesn’t offer both services, they should know a reliable auto electrical workshop in the local area who they can call on for additional work or who they can refer you to, which will fix your problem.
So if you want an experienced auto mechanic shop that can perform electronic vehicle diagnostics as well, give Steve Sorensen Mechanical a call in Browns Plains for honest work at a reasonable price.