At Steve Sorensen Mechanical, we perform major car services for all types of vehicles, so if you are looking for a major car service in Logan QLD, then give us a call for a high quality service at very reasonable prices.
Most of us realise that when you own a car, you need to have it serviced at some time or another, but not many of us know what is actually involved in servicing your car, particularly when it is a major service. So let’s take a look at what is included in one of our major car services.
Times have certainly changed in the automotive service industry. To an extent, the old typical lingo of minor and major service are a thing of the past. A major service used to be performed much more often, back when ignition systems used fast wearing ignition points and nickel spark plugs that required regular replacement. Modern cars use as few moving, wearing parts as possible, so ignition points are replaced by magnetic sensors and even the humble spark plug is often coated with platinum or iridium on its tip and lasts regularly for up to 100,000 to 150,000km. So a more proper way of looking at servicing is to follow the manufacturers logbook, which delegates specific different parts to be replaced at different intervals, but for the sake of old times, most people refer to a major service as where ignition components are replaced, most often the iridium or platinum spark plugs.
At our auto service repair shop a major car service in Logan Qld includes:
- Changing the engine oil and replacing it with new clean oil that is appropriate for your vehicle.
- Replacing the engine oil filter
- Fitting your car with new spark plugs
- We conduct a computer global diagnostic scan and check the tune (or in the industry referred to as fuel trim) of your car and advise as necessary.
- Inspect the brakes, and clean and adjust them.
- Check, top up or advise on replacement of all vehicle fluids, including the automatic or manual transmission, diff oils,tranfer case oil, power steering fluid, coolant and brake fluid
- Perform a full safety check of the vehicle, all the way from bulbs to suspension components, several tell tale signs that only a seasoned mechanic can recognise means we can advise on items that need attention or replacement before they become a major problem.
- Electronically test your battery, starter and charging system
- Clean the engines throttle body, a common reason for rough idle complaints.
The last thing you want is to be faced with costly repair bills in the future, because you ignored the warning signs or simply didn’t have your car serviced â which may have picked up any potential problems. So call us at Steve Sorensen Mechanical and book your car in for one of our major car services before it is too late.