At our car repair workshop in Browns Plains, we’ve found that the technology used for vehicle diagnostics has improved by leaps and bounds over the past few years. One of the big improvements is with Bluetooth technology, because now we can perform a major car service in Logan QLD, or any inspection that needs diagnostics, quickly and easily.
With the newer model vehicles having so much computerised technology, both the vehicle owner and the mechanic now have a much better tool to use for vehicle diagnostics. For example, vehicle owners can use their Bluetooth diagnostic scanner to check their vehicle’s emissions and their fuel consumption.
We often use them in our car repair workshop in Logan QLD to clear error codes during a major car service, after first identifying and fixing the problems and we can even prepare a repair report for our own records or for our customers.
Five benefits of using Bluetooth vehicle diagnostics
- One size fits all: All new vehicles are required to meet specific standards for their on board diagnostics, commonly referred to as OBD II, making it much easier to identify problems across most makes of vehicles with one diagnostic tool. There was a time, not long ago, when a car repair workshop had to buy a diagnostic tool for each make of vehicle, but no longer!
- Increased vehicle efficiency: These diagnostic tools allow for precise control over your vehicle’s fuel and ignition, making it fairly easy to increase your vehicle’s efficiency and reduce your carbon footprint.
- Reduces repairs: This tool helps your mechanic to pick up problems that you might not have previously noticed, saving you serious money down the track on expensive repairs. Vehicle owners can also use the diagnostic tool at home, reducing the number of trips to the mechanic or booking in their vehicle for a timely major car service in Logan Qld, before the problem exacerbates.
- Faster vehicle diagnostics: All the mechanic needs to do is identify the codes shown on the diagnostic tool and it will quickly reveal the source of the problem. This saves you hours of time, because for many issues, the mechanic no longer has to peer into the depths of the engine, trying to locate the cause of the problem.
- Cheaper bills: When your mechanic can perform your major car service or repairs much quicker than before, your costs may go down, and everyone’s happy.
Don’t forget to book your vehicle in for a major car service in Logan Qld at our Browns Plains car repair workshop. We can even demonstrate some of our technology to you, so you know you’re in good hands.